Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
As part of the Trash for Cash Agreement, each group is required to write a letter to describe the experience with picking-up roadside littered trash. This letter is intended to spread the word about litter to our neighbors and to educate the public about the problems litter creates. Your letter may be published in the Kenton County Recorder or other reputable news source.
1. Talk about your experience. How did you organize your cleanup? What did you find? Did anything surprise you? What conversations did the experience generate about litter in our community?
2. Share your thoughts about litter. What was it like to pick up other people’s trash? What did you learn? What would you like to tell your neighbors about how litter affects our community?
3. Please do NOT thank Kenton County Solid Waste. The purpose of this letter is to spread the word about why litter is gross, not to promote our organization.
4. To print your letter, the Recorder has a 200 word limit and asks that you include your name, your address, your community, and your daytime phone number.
If you would like, you may write your letter to another publication – the Kentucky Enquirer, a church newsletter, a school handout – but you must first get approval from Kenton County Solid Waste.
You have two weeks from the date of your cleanup to send in your letter. If you need more time, please let contact Melissa Grandstaff at 859-392-1919 or by email (Melissa.Grandstaff@kentoncounty.org)
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field