Kenton County Public Works will be hosting its annual Fall Clean-Up on October 1 and 2 (Friday & Saturday) from 8 AM to 6 PM daily at their facility located at 420 Independence Station Road, Independence, KY, 41051.
Clean-ups are intended for Kenton County residents only. Please bring proof of residency such as a driver’s license with current address or a current trash bill. No businesses, including side junk/ construction removal businesses, are permitted. Kenton County Public Works has the right to refuse any and all items transported to Public Works for disposal.
- Appliances (Freon containing appliances accepted -no food waste inside)
- Yard debris
- Household trash
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (anything with a power cord; one TV per vehicle)
- Motor and rechargeable batteries
- 20lb propane grill tank
- Oil and Antifreeze Accepted (containers must be labeled)
- Tires (more than 10 please call office before day of event, for approval)
- Recyclables (Cardboard, Aluminum, Plastics #1 & #2)
- Lawn equipment and power tools (all fluids like oil/gas must be removed)
- Hazardous materials
- Liquid Waste
- Fire extinguishers
- Large tanks/cylinders
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Concrete, brick, or dirt
- Junk vehicles (including boats)
To prevent litter, please cover open loads with a tarp and strap down loose items. Due to COVID-19, all participants will be required to unload their vehicle. No county assistance will be provided.
Questions? Please contact Kenton County Public Works Solid Waste Management at (859) 392-1919 or via email.