Kenton County Public Works is hosting its annual Spring Clean-Up April 23rd and 24th at the Public Works Campus (420 Independence Station Road, Independence, KY, 41051) from 8 AM – 6 PM daily and at Piner Elementary (2845 Piner Ridge Road, Morning View, KY 41063) from 8 AM – 6 PM on Friday and 8 AM – 2 PM on Saturday. Tires and appliances will only be accepted at Public Works.
Clean-ups are intended for Kenton County residents only. Please bring proof of residency such as a driver’s license with current address or a current trash bill. No businesses, including side junk/ construction removal, are permitted. Kenton County Public Works has the right to refuse any and all items transported to Public Works for disposal.
- Appliances (Freon containing appliances accepted; no food waste inside)
- Yard debris
- Household trash
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (anything with a power cord; one TV per vehicle)
- Vehicle and rechargeable batteries
- 20lb propane grill tank
- Oil and antifreeze (containers must be labeled)
- Tires (10 tire limit)
- Recyclables (cardboard, aluminum, plastics #1 & #2)
- All fluids (oil/gas) must be removed from lawn equipment
- Hazardous materials
- Liquid Waste
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Concrete, brick, or dirt
- Junk vehicles (including boats)
To prevent litter, please cover open loads with a tarp and strap down loose items. Due to COVID-19, all participants will be required to unload their vehicle. No county assistance will be provided.
Questions? Please contact Kenton County Public Works Solid Waste Management at (859) 392-1919 or by email.