November 5, 2022
Thomas More Stadium (FKA Florence Y'alls Ballpark)
7950 Freedom Way
Florence, KY 41042
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Saturday, November 5, 2022
Residents of Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties are welcome to dispose of their household hazardous waste for FREE at this event. You must be a Boone, Kenton, or Campbell County resident to participate - no businesses.
Prior to the event, please visit the Household Hazardous Waste website to print and complete a registration form.
- Aerosol cans: All aerosol cans will be accepted.
- Antifreeze: Antifreeze only - NO mixtures will be accepted.
- Batteries: All batteries will be accepted, including Alkaline, Ni Cad, Lithium, Lead Acid, and more.
- Corrosives/Flammables: Fuel, gasoline, kerosene will be accepted. Absolutely NO ammunition, gun powder, explosives, or radioactive items
will be accepted.
- Electronics: TVs (limit of TWO per vehicle), computers, monitors, printers, cell phones, etc.
- Ink/Toner cartridges: Any ink or toner cartridges that come out of a printer, copier, or fax machine will be accepted.
- Light bulbs: CFL bulbs (4-foot and 8-foot tubes) will be accepted
- Oil/Fluids: Used motor oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, and brake fluid will be accepted.
- Paint: All types of paint will be accepted with a limit of TEN cans per vehicle.
- Pesticides: Pesticides will be accepted with a limit of TWO gallons/liquid max or TWO pounds of powder max per vehicle
- Mercury-containing devices
Visit the Household Hazardous Waste website for proper disposal methods. We reserve the right to refuse any item that you bring.
Contact Kenton County's Solid Waste Management Coordinator Melissa Grandstaff by email or by calling (859) 392-1919.
Brought to you by the Northern Kentucky Solid Waste Management Area and Northern Kentucky Household Hazardous Waste Action Coalition.
We need your help! We are looking for volunteers to help unload cars and sort through materials at the event's donation bays.
- Work a full day
- Breakfast and lunch is provided
- Children 12+ (with adult) can volunteer
- Fulfill any community service hours
- Gain pride in giving back to the community
Sign-up with Kenton County's Solid Waste Coordinator Melissa Grandstaff by email or by calling (859) 392-1919.