November 6, 2021
7950 Freedom Way
Florence, KY 41042
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Residents of Boone, Campbell, and Kenton Counties are welcome to dispose of their household hazardous waste for FREE at this event.
Prior to the event, please visit the Household Hazardous Waste website to print and complete a registration form.
Only Accepted Items:
- Aerosol cans: All aerosol cans will be accepted.
- Antifreeze: Antifreeze only - NO mixtures will be accepted.
- Batteries: All batteries will be accepted, including Alkaline, Ni Cad, Lithium, Lead Acid, and more.
- Corrosives/Flammables: Fuel and kerosene will be accepted. Absolutely NO ammunition, gun powder, explosives, or radioactive items
will be accepted.
- Electronics: TVs (limit of TWO per vehicle), PCs, laptops, cables, cellphones, cameras, and VCRs will be accepted.
- Ink/Toner cartridges: Any ink or toner cartridges that come out of a printer, copier, or fax machine will be accepted.
- Light bulbs: CFL bulbs (4-foot and 8-foot tubes) will be accepted
- Oil/Fluids: Used motor oil, hydraulic fluid, transmission fluid, and brake fluid will be accepted.
- Paint: All types of paint will be accepted with a limit of TEN cans per vehicle.
- Pesticides: Pesticides will be accepted with a limit of TWO gallons or TWO pounds per vehicle
Not Accepted Items
- Mercury-containing devices
Visit the Household Hazardous Waste website for proper disposal methods. We reserve the right to refuse any item that you bring.
Contact Kenton County's Solid Waste Management Coordinator Melissa Grandstaff by email or by calling (859) 392-1919.
Brought to you by the Northern Kentucky Solid Waste Management Area and Northern Kentucky Household Hazardous Waste Action Coalition.