The Circuit Clerk's office is informally divided into 4 main divisions.
Circuit Civil / Criminal
- Contested Probate Cases
- Felony Criminal Cases
- Land Dispute Title Cases
- Lawsuits over $5,000
Learn more about circuit civil/criminal court.
District Civil / Probate
- Casey's law (involuntary drug/alcohol treatment), mental health (danger to self or others), disability (appointment to make medical/financial decisions)
- Lawsuits up to $5,000
- Probate (estates -death, guardianships, name changes, settlements of minors)
- Small claims under $2,500
Learn more about district civil/probate court.
District Criminal / Traffic
Learn more about district criminal/traffic court.
- Emergency protective orders and interpersonal protective orders (domestic violence and dating violence)
- Juvenile dependency/neglect/abuse
- Juvenile status offenses (runaways, truancy, beyond control)
- Paternity, child custody/visitation, child and/or spousal support
Learn more about family court.
Learn more on the Circuit Court Clerk website.