1. Only Trick-or-Treat during your city’s designated time period.
2. Children should be escorted by an adult while trick-or-treating.
3. Parents/Guardians should examine all candy before it is devoured.
4. Stick to the sidewalk or other safe walking areas. Avoid backyards or alleys.
5. Be mindful of costumes and bonfires. Costumes are very flammable. Look for ones that are flame-resistant.
6. Masks (although very scary) should not restrict vision or hearing.
7. Have a route planned with your kids.
8. Never invite children into your home and instruct children to never go into a stranger’s home.
9. Carry a flash light!
10. Walk, don’t run to each house.
11. If wearing make-up, test a small area of your skin first in the case of an allergic reaction.
12. Swords and other costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
13. Always look both ways before crossing the street.
14. Don’t let your children stray from their group.
15. Carry your cell phone with you in case you need to summon Police or Emergency Medical Services.
16. Have fun, be seen and be safe!