What to do if an evacuation is necessary:
- Evacuate immediately, if told to do so. Use travel routes specified by local officials.
- Wear sensible clothing and sturdy shoe, appropriate for weather.
- Take along your Emergency Preparedness Kit.
- Turn off all appliances. Lock your doors and windows.
- Take a form of identification and any medicine taken regularly by family members.
- Do not return to the emergency site until local officials have given an "ALL CLEAR".
- After the emergency is over, enter your home with caution. Open doors and windows to ventilate. DO NOT strike a match or turn on electric lights until you are sure there are no breaks in gas lines.