The Kenton County Emergency Communications Center (KCECC) is currently accepting applications for a 911 Call Taker.
- $37,806.29-$44,980.42 Annual Salary
- Fully Paid Training
- Medical & Dental Coverage from beginning
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- Ability to Type a Minimum of 40 WPM
- Computer Knowledge Using Windows Based Programs
- Ability to Sit or Stand for 8-12 hours Per Day and Use Ability to Multi-Task Using Telephone and Radio
- Ability to React Under Time-Sensitive, Stressful and Critical Solutions
- Ability to Accurately Follow Directions in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Must be Able to Work Nights, Weekends and Holidays
Applicants will complete a panel interview and must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, polygraph examination and drug screening. This process can take four to eight weeks.
KCECC is a multi-agency dispatch center serving all cities and unincorporated areas within Kenton County excluding the cities of Crescent Springs, Elsmere, and Erlanger. The County will begin serving these cities by July of 2018. The center employs 34 people, 30 of which are certified telecommunicators through the Department of Criminal Justice Training. All 30 of those certified telecommunicators are also certified in Emergency Medical Dispatching through Powerphone.
The primary responsibility of our telecommunicators is to process 9-1-1 calls as well as other non-emergency public safety calls originating in any of our jurisdictions. We dispatch those calls using police, fire and EMS radio systems maintained by our center. We also perform many ancillary functions; such as warrant communications, state and national law enforcement communications, utility and wrecker notifications and alarm monitoring.
KCECC personnel are among the most highly trained public safety communications personnel in the region. Our collective mission is to provide the highest quality public safety services to the citizens, visitors and first responders of Kenton County. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and welcome your input on the services we provide.